-How do you Purchase a Home in Harney County
-What are the government loan limits in Harney County, OR?
-What parts of Harney County are eligible for USDA loans?
-Do I need flood insurance?
-How do I learn about Property Taxes in Harney County
-What is the median home price in Harney County, OR?
-How many people live in Harney County?
-What are the major cities?
-How do I see FHA- and VA-Approved homes for sale?
-Is there a cost to have a real estate agent represent me?
-What closing costs do I need?
-How can I get assistance with closing costs?
-About Harney County
-How much of a loan can I qualify for, based on my income?
-Approved Condominium Projects in Harney County
How do you Purchase a Home in Harney County
Are you interested in buying a home in Harney County? This is a step by step guide to all the ins and outs of the homebuying process. For more detail about FHA loans, be sure to check out our complete guide. We also have an in-depth guide to VA loans and the USDA’s Rural Development home loan program.
For now, let’s look at the basic steps to buying a home – and what you’ll have to look out for in Harney County.
- Get in touch with a loan officer – give us a call at 877-432-5626 We can help you figure out what type of loan you might qualify for. Programs through the VA, USDA, and FHA allow you to buy a home with a small down payment – or no down payment at all. We will also check your credit and income to see how much of a loan you can qualify for. When we do this, we do a “soft pull” on your credit. This is different from an official credit inquiry and won’t hurt your credit score.
- Compare loan offers. Either call us or fill out the form on this page.
- Give your Loan Officer the information they need to find you a loan For a purchase loan or cash-out refinance:
- Your ID
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
For a refinance loan, you will also need information on the loan you want to refinance.
- Compare Loan offers Compare the interest rates and APRS – but keep in mind that the fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgages are apples and oranges. Use the Loan Estimate to compare the true costs of each loan, both month-to-month and over the life of the mortgage.
- Find a home Get connected with a FedHome Loan Centers Real Estate Agent. Once you meet with them to talk about your wants and needs, you can sign up for the property search feed. This will give you alerts about homes for sale in Harney County. Now you’re ready to preview properties and start touring homes.
- Make an offer and negotiate the terms of the sale
- Get the necessary and recommended inspections Required Inspections:
- Termite Inspection
- Well or septic inspections, if applicable
- We can help you check if your home is in one of the Harney County flood hazard areas.
Home Inspection, Roof Inspection, Sewer Inspection
- Get the home appraised Construction loans require a construction appraisal and permit approval
- Lock in your interest rate Pro Tip: Wait until the appraisal to lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push the closing back. Then you run the risk of losing that rate or having to pay an extension fee.
- Close the deal and get packing! You’re ready to go!
What are the Loan Limits for Harney County?
- FHA Loan Limit $331,760 (Single family residence) / $424,800 (Duplex) / $513,450 (Triplex) / $638,100 (Fourplex)
- USDA Loan Limit $265,400
- VA Home Loan Limit $0 down up to $3,000,000 / 2 open VA loans at one time $510,400 *(Call 877-432-5626 for details).
What Parts of Harney County are eligible for USDA Loans?
- Most of Harney County is eligible for a USDA Rural Development home loan.
- Eligible Zip Codes: 97710, 97720, 97721, 97722, 97732, 97736, 97738, 97758, 97904.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The FHA, USDA, and VA all require flood insurance in Special Flood Hazard Areas.
- There is currently no data about Harney County or its flood hazard areas in the FEMA Flood Map Service Center.
How do I learn about Property Taxes in Harney County?
- Karen Zabala is the Harney county tax assessor. Her office is located at 450 North Buena Vista #13 Burns, Oregon 97720, or can be reached by calling (541) 573-8367.
- The state of Oregon offers businesses that invest and hire in enterprise zones the option to be exempt from property taxes for at least three years. In addition, the Oregon Investment Advantage program encourages new businesses that are starting as well as the ones who are relocating to the state with various incentives. For example, the program offers income tax subtraction and elimination of state income liability for new businesses for many years.
What is the Median Home Price in Harney County?
As of August 31st, 2020, the median home value for Harney County is $107,145. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $41,797.
How many people live in Harney County?
As of 2019, Harney County’s population is 7,393 which includes about 806 veterans. Moreover, demographically speaking, 86% of the population is White, with 4% Hispanic, and 4% Native American.
What are the major cities?
The county has two cities, Hines and Burns, the latter of which serves as the county seat.
How do I see FHA- and VA-Approved homes for sale?
Is there a cost to have a real estate agent represent me?
The seller must pay the real estate professionals’ commission, not the buyer. This means that, as a homebuyer, there is no cost to have a real estate agent represent you. In fact, it’s a good idea to get your own agent in order to have someone in your corner during the negotiation process. For more information about real estate agents, click here.
What closing costs do I need?
For FHA loans, closing costs can end up being 3-4% of the loan amount. These costs include origination fees from the lender, any discount points purchased for a better interest rate, and pre-paid items like insurance and taxes.
Can I get assistance with closing costs?
There are several ways to reduce the amount you have to pay at closing. One way is to get down payment assistance. The FHA’s Within Reach program provides grants to help low- and middle-income families with their down payment.
About Harney County
Established in 1889, the county is the largest in the state, covering about 10,228 square miles. The county was named after Harney Lake, named after General William S. Harney, commander of the Oregon Department of the U.S. Army 1858-1859. In addition, the county seat was incorporated in 1889 and was named after Robert Burns, a Scottish poet.
Today, the county’s economy depends on its forestry, manufacturing, livestock, and agriculture industries. Moreover, the biggest employment industries are its agriculture/ forestry, healthcare, and public administration industries. Hence, office & administration, management, and sales-related occupations are the most common within the county.
New and expanding businesses within the county can use the Harney County Economic Development department to get free business advising, business seminars and training, workforce development, economic/ financial analysis, and government contracting.
When it comes to education, the county is served by the Harney County School District, which is in Burns and has about 868 students’ grades K-12. In addition, the district also sponsors the Silvies River Charter School, which offers a home-school program for grade k-2nd and an online curriculum for older students.
Finally, due to its beautiful natural landscapes, the county is also home to growing tourism and recreational industry within its vast ponderosa pine forest. In addition, the county is also home to rich cultural and art events like the John Scharff Migratory Bird Festival and Art Show, and the High Desert Fiddlers Country Music Jamboree at the county fairgrounds.
How much of a loan can I qualify for, based on my income?
|Monthly Income||Purchase Price|
Purchase Price subject to credit and income evaluation.
Approved Condos in Harney County
Harney County currently has no VA or FHA approved condos. However, if you’re interested in getting a condo approved call us at (877) 432-5626, we can help you through the approval process.
Find Your Future Home in Harney County
Apply for a home loan today to receive the lowest interest rates and monthly payments.
Contact FedHome Loan Centers today for help financing the perfect home in Harney County.