Table of Contents
-How do you purchase a home in Clallam County
-What are the government loan limits in Clallam County, WA?
-What parts of Clallam County are eligible for USDA loans?
-Do I need flood insurance?
-How do I learn about Property Taxes in Clallam County
-What is the median home price in Clallam County, WA?
-How many people live in Clallam County?
-What are the major cities?
-How do I see FHA- and VA-Approved homes for sale?
-Is there a cost to have a real estate agent represent me?
-What closing costs do I need?
-How can I get assistance with closing costs?
-About Clallam County
-How much of a loan can I qualify for, based on my income?
-Approved Condominium Projects in Clallam County
How do you purchase a home in Clallam County
Are you interested in buying a home in Clallam County? This is a step by step guide to all the ins and outs of the homebuying process. For more detail about FHA loans, be sure to check out our complete guide. We also have an in-depth guide to VA loans and the USDA’s Rural Development home loan program.
For now, let’s look at the basic steps to buying a home – and what you’ll have to look out for in Clallam County.
- Get in touch with a loan officer – give us a call at 877-432-5626 We can help you figure out what type of loan you might qualify for. Programs through the VA, USDA, and FHA allow you to buy a home with a small down payment – or no down payment at all. We will also check your credit and income to see how much of a loan you can qualify for. When we do this, we do a “soft pull” on your credit. This is different from an official credit inquiry and won’t hurt your credit score.
- Compare loan offers. Either call us or fill out the form by filling up the form at the top right of this page.
- Give your Loan Officer the information they need to find you a loan For a purchase loan or cash-out refinances:
- Your ID
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
For a refinance loan, you will also need information on the loan you want to refinance.
- Contact our Loan officers to compare the interest rates and APRS – but keep in mind that the fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgages are apples and oranges. Use the Loan Estimate to compare the true costs of each loan, both month-to-month and over the life of the mortgage.
- Find a home Get connected with a FedHome Loan Centers Real Estate Agent. Once you meet with them to talk about your wants and needs, you can sign up for the property search feed. This will give you alerts about homes for sale in Clallam County. Now you’re ready to preview properties and start touring homes.
- Make an offer and negotiate the terms of the sale
- Get the necessary and recommended inspections Required Inspections:
- Termite Inspection
- Well or septic inspections, if applicable
- We can help you check if your home is in one of the Clallam County flood hazard areas.
Home Inspection, Roof Inspection, Sewer Inspection
- Get the home appraised Construction loans require a construction appraisal and permit approval
- Lock in your interest rate Pro Tip: Wait until the appraisal to lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push the closing back. Then you run the risk of losing that rate or having to pay an extension fee.
- Close the deal and get packing! You’re ready to go!
What are the Loan Limits for Clallam County?
- FHA Loan Limit $384,100 (Single family residence) / $491,700 (Duplex) / $594,350 (Triplex) / $738,650 (Fourplex)
- USDA Loan Limit $307,800.
- VA Home Loan Limit $0 down up to $3,000,000 / 2 open VA loans at one time $510,400 *(Call 877-432-5626 for details).
What Parts of Clallam County are eligible for USDA Loans?
- Clallam County is eligible for a USDA Rural Development home loan.
- Eligible Zip Codes are: 98305, 98326, 98331, 98362, 98363, 98381, 98382.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
The FHA, USDA, and VA all require flood insurance in Special Flood Hazard Areas.
How do I learn about Property Taxes in Clallam County?
- Pam Rushton is the Clallam county tax assessor. Her office is located at 223 East 4th Street, Suite #2 Port Angeles, Washington 98362, and can also be reached by calling (360) 417-2400.
- Washington state offers about 50 tax incentives and deductions that are meant to bolster local business growth. In addition, there are also several tax credits programs for specific industries that meet certain requirements. Furthermore, deferral programs are also available for manufacturers, high technology businesses, and fruit & vegetable businesses.
What is the Median Home Price in Clallam County?
The median home value for Clallam County is $315,095. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $49,913.
How many people live in Clallam County?
As of 2019, Clallam County’s population is 77,331 which has grown by about 8% within the last decade. Moreover, demographically speaking, 82% of the population is White, with 6% Hispanic, and 5% American Indian.
What are the major cities?
The county has three cities, including the city of Port Angeles which serves as the county seat. The other two cities in the county are Forks and Sequim.
How do I see FHA- and VA-Approved homes for sale?
Is there a cost to have a real estate agent represent me?
The seller must pay the real estate professionals’ commission, not the buyer. This means that, as a homebuyer, there is no cost to have a real estate agent represent you. In fact, it’s a good idea to get your own agent in order to have someone in your corner during the negotiation process. For more information about real estate agents, click here.
What closing costs do I need?
For FHA loans, closing costs can end up being 3-4% of the loan amount. These costs include origination fees from the lender, any discount points purchased for a better interest rate, and pre-paid items like insurance and taxes.
How can I get assistance with closing costs?
There are several ways to reduce the amount you have to pay at closing. One way is to get down payment assistance. The FHA’s Within Reach program provides grants to help low- and middle-income families with their down payment.
About Clallam County
Named after the Klallam word for “strong people,” the county was originally home to the Klallam people who has about 30 villages within the county. Eventually the county was established in 1854 with the county seat located at New Dungeness where it remained until 1890 when it was moved to Port Angeles.
Today, the county’s biggest employment industries are in the healthcare, retail trade, and public administration. Therefore, the most common occupations for residents of the county are in the administrative support, sales, and management.
Educationally speaking, the county is home to five school districts, which have 25 schools and students from pre-K to senior year in high school. In addition, the county also provides higher educational opportunities with Peninsula College which offers four-year degree programs.
In addition, to its educational system, the county is also full of outdoors recreational activities. These include places like the Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail, Olympic National Park, and the Quillayute Needles National Wildlife Refuge.
Finally, the county is also home to the annual Clallam County Fair which offers food, activities like livestock auctions, live music, etc. In addition, the fairgrounds are also home to several yearly event like horse & animal shows, rodeos, circuses, concerts, and monster truck shows.
How much of a loan can I qualify for, based on my income?
|Monthly Income||Purchase Price|
Purchase Price subject to credit and income evaluation.
Approved Condos in Clallam County
|Condo ID /|
|CHRISTEL COURT CONDOMINIUM||S014348 001||831 E CEDAR ST|
SEQUIM, WA 98382
|CLALLAM||HRAP||ALL 4 UNITS IN PROJECT.||Exists||Recorded/|
|SUNLAND CONDOMINIUMS **||S012518 001||135 FAIRWAY DRIVE|
SEQUIM, WA 98382
|CLALLAM||HRAP||ALL 63 UNITS IN PROJECT.|
** LEGAL NAME: SUNLAND CONDOMINIUM OWNERS ASSOCIATION; SUNLAND DEVELOPMENT
Find Your Perfect Home in Clallam County
FedHome Loan Centers can help you find your perfect home and provide financing options as well!